Janette Murphy recognises that your privacy is important and is committed to respecting your privacy. We will apply appropriate protection and management of any information you share with us. The information you provide will be held and used in accordance with European data protection law, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (2016/679).
We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You can check the relevant website page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes made.
Who is the Data Controller?
Janette Murphy is the Data Controller which means that she decides how your personal data in terms of her psychotherapy practice is processed and for what purposes.
What is Personal Data?
How is your personal Data processed?
- keep personal data up to date
- store and destroy it securely
- avoid collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
How is your personal Data collected?
The information collected varies from the following:
Visitor data to our website is collected anonymously (relates to cookies that might be used)
What is your personal data used for?
- To personalise your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To validate you are a real person.
- To notify you of services / products you may be interested in.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or our services to you. The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and our services.
How is your personal Data protected?
- A secure and resilient hosting platform is used.
- All supplied sensitive or credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into a Payment Gateway Providers Database which is only accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What are your rights?
Under the GDPR, unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, e.g. marketing, profiling etc.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commisioner
If you wish to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Controller, Janette Murphy, who will be happy to assist you.
Exceptions to this are when such information is necessary, for example, as part of a sales transaction or required by Irish law.